Poppy of Poppy’s Pastisserie and Bunny Kitchen graciously bestowed upon us the Very Inspiring Blogger award. Poppy is a compassionate lady and an ace baker. She’s got lots of furry and feathery friends in her house and still manages time to blog delicious goodies. I wish I could do what she does…
So, here are the rules for this award;
1. Display the award badge on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award
3. Post 7 interesting things about yourself
4. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
5. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post
7 ‘Interesting’ things about Myself:
1. My cholesterol hovers between 120 and 130 but has been as low as 95 since I became vegan.
2. My haemoglobin has remained in the high end of the normal range since I stopped eating animal products.
3. I love pomegranates.
4. I don’t like doing chores because it means there’s less time to spend with my beloved and the bunnies.
5. Reading a book in bed while it rains is one of my favorite activities.
6. I enjoy knitting things for my friends, but I hate the actual process of knitting.
7. I hem my own jeans.
Blogs I award:
1. Live Blissful is written by a student who transitioned to vegan through blogging. I wish I’d been younger when I became vegan, so I live vicariously through her.
2. Sophie’s Foodie Files is one of my favorite international perspectives on healthy living. She makes me feel comfortable about traveling while vegan.
3. An Unrefined Vegan is one of my favorite source for food pornography. She’s always got something delicious going on over there.
4. Cameraphone Vegan is a blog that I love because they’re always cluing me into local vegan fare. Otherwise I’d just stay at home.
6. The Beach House Kitchen always makes me pine for a picnic on the beach with one of their delicious raw meals or delicately spiced hot dishes.
7. Veg HotPot is a vegetarian blog that often posts enticing vegan dishes (recently a pizza recipe that made my eyeballs roll back in my head with anticipation and delight.)
8. The Vegan’s Husband is a blog about a guy who loves his lady enough to adopt her eating habits and then realized it’s kind of awesome. He does occasional AWESOME beer reviews which inspired Turning Veganese to review gluten-free beers and hard cider.
9. Bessie’s Veggie Food always picks up on seasonal favorites and takes them to a while other level.
10. Whatcha Reading makes me want a hot bowl of soup and my most recent novel for a rainy day reading adventure with some comfort food.
11. Luminous Vegans has long been a favorite of mine and I don’t see than changing anytime soon.
12. My Good Clean Food is a blog that’s as beautiful as it is informative.
13. I want to eat everything on The Misfit Baker’s blog.
14. Sometimes I wish Somer’s Veged Out was my home. I want to live there.
15. Canned Time is always inventive including vegan and gluten-free recipes. I like that.
Thanks again to Poppy! This is Christie, signing off!